Better late than never


Saturday 05.01.19

                             Today is Saturday,  so this means that I haven't kept my deadline and that I am a day late. There is a reason for this, I know it's still an excuse but I still think it's valid. Well I would wouldn't I? Just to clarify, I don't always sleep in the same bed and therefore not always in the same house. My partner, lives in south Cologne and I live to the north, approximately 35 Km distance from her house. We've been together for about 7 years now and as she is still working and has grown children of her own we decided to, for the foreseeable future, keep both houses and live and work between the two. Well, over Christmas and the New Year I have virtually been in permanent residence at her house so it made writing this Blog a little more difficult that it normally would be.   

                             

Over Christmas and especially on Christmas Eve we did many of the things that most families do. The tree was bought and decorated, rather early for most german tastes, two weeks before the 24th because Beate, my partner, says she wants to avoid any stress and enjoy Christmas in a relaxed atmosphere. Christmas Eve was spent with, her two children, my two children and two long standing friends of Beate's. This was their tradition before I arrived on the scene and I was all for keeping it up. On New Years Eve we were in bed before midnight as we usually are. We are not big on buying fireworks, it's seems a waste of money to me, so, with the kids away doing their own thing, we don't celebrate the arrival of the new year, well not at midnight anyway.

                                We managed to get out onto the golf course regularly, weather permitting. We are pretty hardy in that respect and with the right clothing we are always ready to do a bit of practice and then nine holes most days of the week. Apart from that not much has happened or has been made to happen this past week. It's been damp, windy and altogether unpleasant some days, not that one should be ruled by the weather but to me January, especially  the early part is just one of those months that takes a while to get going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As time goes by

What now? A New Beginning.